On Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 8:15 a.m. a boom echoed out on the two hundred block of East Main Street. The boom was a natural gas leak (explosion) when a woman named Tara Bowman, 36, flipped a switch to turn the lights on in Montana Trails Gallery. Tara Bowman was the only person that died.
The aftershock damaged numerous buildings. It broke half of the windows on the two hundred block of East Main Street. The most damaged buildings were Montana Trails Gallery, Boodles Restaurant, Rocking R Bar, American Legion, and Lilly Lu’s. The explosion collapsed three buildings. As you can see, the explosion was a great catastrophe.