Bozeman History

Home » Uncategorized » Bozeman Methodist Church History…by Josef

Bozeman Methodist Church History…by Josef

photo of puppet show at bozeman methodist church from the bozeman daily chronicle

photo of puppet show at bozeman methodist church from the bozeman daily chronicle

The Bozeman Methodist Church is a very successful church.  The church was built in 1865, on the southwest corner of Main and Templar.  William White Alderson held the first services in a log cabin in the Gallatin Valley; thanks to him the Sunday schools were up and running.  Bozeman Methodist Church is the oldest church to have continuous services in Montana.  The original frame of the church was 24 feet by 26 feet.  The contractor for this church was W.J. Beall.  Local people worked as volunteers to build the church. A sanctuary was built on the corner of Olive and Willson in 1874, which is where it is currently located today.  Now many community groups use the church as a meeting place.  The church is very active in missions, locally and abroad.  As you can see, this church is a very active church!

 

www.bozemanumc.org/753952

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: